- ZWIL – ZERO WASTE IN LANDFILL: Pack a zero-waste lunch for you or your children from WMEAC - click here!
- The Cornucopia Institute, through research and investigations on agricultural and food issues, provides needed information to family farmers, consumers and other stakeholders in the good food movement and to the media. We support economic justice for the family-scale farming community – partnered with consumers – backing ecologically produced local, organic and authentic food. I especially recommend their score cards to identify the bad apples in the organic food business. https://www.cornucopia.org
- Arcadia Power gives customers across the country a simple way to use clean energy. The power infrastructure makes it impossible to track electrons from a particular source to your home. Energy simply goes into the grid, mixes with other electrons, and your local utility delivers it over the poles and wires. Your local utility can’t even tell you where the electrons powering your computer originated.
With Arcadia Power, you have a choice to ensure you’re using clean energy. We do this by buying Green-e Energy certified renewable energy certificates (RECs) from wind farms to match your exact monthly usage. This certifies that that when energy that you consume at home is matched with RECs, you are using clean, wind energy. www.arcadiapower.com
- Home Idle Load: Devices Wasting Huge Amounts of Electricity When Not in Active Use: here has been a veritable explosion in the number of electronics, appliances, and other miscellaneous devices plugged into, or permanently connected to, America's homes. Most are consuming electricity around-the-clock, even when the owners are not using them or think they have been turned off. This always-on energy use by inactive devices translates to $19 billion a year -- about $165 per U.S. household on average -- and approximately 50 large (500-megawatt) power plants' worth of electricity. www.nrdc.org/resources/home-idle-load-devices-wasting-huge-amounts-electricity-when-not-active-use
- These are the two best carbon footprint tools I am aware of:
- What is your ecological footprint? How many planets do we need if everybody lives like you? What is your personal Overshoot Day?https://www.footprintcalculator.org
- CoolClimate Network: Smart Tools for a Cooler Planet. A University - Government - Business - NGO Partnership
at the University of California, Berkeley https://coolclimate.berkeley.edu. Household Calculator: https://coolclimate.berkeley.edu/calculator